Security For Your Old, Unused Hard Drives
There are occasions when you require your hard drives to be shredded and destroyed rather than ‘wiped’ or erased. Clients throughout Houston, The Woodlands and Sugar Land and have relied on TechnoCycle to provide hard drive shredding and destruction services to support their ITAD requirements.
During the shredding process, your hard drives and other media will be destroyed in our state of the art electronic hard drive shredder. This machine will physically shred and destroy hard drives, disc, and tape media to ensure that all information is irretrievable. Upon completion of this hard drive destruction service, TechnoCycle will provide you a certificate of destruction on request.
The TechnoCycle E-Shredder offers you either in-house or on-site shredding, depending on what you require or prefer.
What Can Be Destroyed
- Hard Drives – desktop, laptop, etc.
- Magnetic Media – backup tapes, mini cartridges, floppy disks, etc.
- Zip Disks
- Flash Media – USB storage devices, PDAs, iPads, tablets, etc
- Optical Media – CDs, DVDs, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs, Blu-rays, HD DVDs, etc.
Why It’s Important
DID YOU KNOW that Texas business leaders are legally required to properly dispose of customers’ sensitive data? According to the Texas’ Business & Commerce Codes §72.004 and §521.052, any business caught improperly disposing of business records can be fined up to $500 for each record, and in the case of data breach, up to $50,000 for each violation by the state of Texas. These fines do not include any penalties exacted by the U.S. government under the FTC’s FACTA Disposal Rule, which applies to virtually every business operating in the United States.
UNDER TEXAS LAW, shredding is specifically noted as a proper disposal method of your old data. If your hard drives or other data-bearing media contain any of the following information, it is best to physically destroy the data for the ultimate security, to avoid state and federal penalties, and to ensure data disposal compliance:
- Consumer information for a business purpose (Disposal Rule)
- Medical data (PHI disposal and HIPAA and HITECH)
- Student educational records or employee educational transcripts (FERPA)
- Financial reports (Disposal Rule, Red Flag Rules, Safeguards Rule, and GLB)
- Legal data, especially containing health and financial records, trusts, or wills (Disposal Rule)
REGARDLESS OF THE SIZE OF YOUR COMPANY, data protection and breach prevention is essential during the entire life cycle of your data (click here for more information). Physical destruction of your media is the most secure method you can choose to ensure end-of-life data breach prevention and data disposal compliance.
What We Offer
PROPER DATA DISPOSAL IS MANDATORY, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. When your data has reached its statutory or useful end of life, let TechnoCycle oversee the data disposal process for you with our enterprise-level data shredding services. When you are ready to dispose of a data-bearing device all you have to do is:
- Remove the data-bearing media (hard drives, CDs, backup tapes, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, floppy disks, etc.) from its device before recycling or donating
- Schedule a data destruction appointment at your location or at TechnoCycle secure facility
- Keep your data with you until it is shredded at your appointment
- Witness the destruction
- Receive a Certificate of Destruction within 24 hours of disposal
ADDITIONAL SERVICES INCLUDE hard drive removal on-site or off-site, serial numbers recorded before destruction, video capture of the destruction, and pick up of your electronic recyclables (click here for accepted items).
In addition, you will be able to track online (through our client log-in) your e-waste from collection to the end of the recycling process. Reports will include a full asset accountability manifest including details of manufacturer, model, classification, asset tag (if available) and weights. We also provide an outstanding level of quality assurance to our customers through our intensive chain of custody documentation and auditable reports.
If you have data disposal questions or would like to schedule our data destruction service, please contact us by phone or using the form on this page.
Let Us Know What You Need
Fill in the form below and we will respond to you within one hour during business hours.