TechnoCycle continues its partnerships with non-profit, corporate and city organizations to promote the responsible recycling of electronic waste and to offer support to other environmentally responsible programs:
- Due to the generous support of Technip for the past four years, TechnoCycle has been able to offer an ‘Adopt-A-School’ sponsorship program at Berry Elementary Science Magnet School. On a designated Saturday each October, TechnoCycle volunteers have given all incoming first grade students a fully refurbished computer to take home with them. The computers have come with MS Office and Windows 7, and parents are offered low-cost high-speed internet and computer literacy classes. Berry Elementary is one of the more than 70 under-served and economically disadvantaged schools in our city, so we hope to increase the number of schools we can sponsor in 2016!
- Building management firms like Transwestern and Accesso Services as well as the Uptown Houston District Management have sponsored electronic recycling events for their tenants.
- Newfield Exploration generously donated working laser jet printers for use by non-profit organizations in 2012.
- The City of Refuge After School Program was able to establish a 12-computer lab through the generosity and support of Technip, Newfield Exploration and TechnoCycle.
- The residents of ‘Turning Point benefited from the refurbishment of their ‘Computer Training Facility’ through the donation of 20+ computer systems – Technip, Newfield Exploration and TechnoCycle lent their support to this project.
- Supported the Fund-raising efforts of Ketelsen Elementary for the Ketelsen ‘Spark Park’ project
- Supported the Fund-raising effort of Berry Elementary for the Berry ‘Spark Park’ project
- Support for the ‘March of Dimes’
- Employee Recycling events
- Recycling days at Point Comfort TX, Boy Scouts of America, Dickinson Beautiful, Little Joy Recycling, Hutsell Elementary – Katy ISD, Main Street Bank – Kingwood, City of La Marque, Mustang Engineering, Tanglewood Properties, and Huntsville.
- Free e-waste collections from building management companies participating in the Green Office Challenge
- Energy and Earth Day events supporting a greener environment
- Support for Comp-U-Dopt, a non-profit that donates training and computers to children for use in their homes.